View Single Post
Old 06-11-19, 01:06 PM
seajaye

Bikes: 650b traditional rando, 700c SS rando, 700c fast rando..... plus a mountain, folder, and retired urban track in the basement

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It may seem obvious, but crushed limestone or anything unpaved will definitely sap more out of you than riding the same distance on road. I don't know what tire size you run but maybe bumping up a size or two will help with long-term comfort.

And yes, seconding what @unterhausen said about keeping yourself fed. I burn calories so quickly that it's hard for me to stay out of the red. It would be impossible for me to carry enough on the bike so that route homework of identifying services is really crucial.

Have you ridden over a double before? How does your body feel after those rides? Is there any minor fit adjusting you could do to make it more comfortable? What starts as a minor issue at 200mi could really turn major over 360mi. That being said, for me a 200k or 300k is enough of a litmus test for me to know whether something works or not, so you will probably be fine. I would also be somewhat concerned about are getting sleepy in the wee hours (have a plan for caffeine or music or chatty riding buddies), but you are much faster than me and seeing sunrise on the second day always provides a huge boost, so again you will probably be fine.