View Single Post
Old 02-13-20, 03:13 AM
Manu431

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 26 Posts
very nice information about Mercier bike !
Thanks a lot for that.

As I am currently working on a Mercier bike (1977 ?) I recently purchased , I am of course really interested.
Let me know if you want me to post a picture of my orange Mercier on your picture collection, (you have already seen my post on the french bikes)
I just can confirm that here in france Mercier bikes have a good reputation among vintage bike owners, just because of the "great" Raymond Poulidor.
Of course there is high end models which are pretty close to the famous peugeot PY10 , but also many of these more popular bikes like yours (or mine)
Raymond poulidor died recently, but really it was among the most well known and appreciated personality of all time in France. Some kind of popular "Hero". (so as all the famous french tour de france bikers).
I don't know exactly what it means exactly for the people in the USA, but here the "Tour de France" is THE most popular event.
Before olympic games, Soccer world cup, ...
We all have learned to know our country looking a the tour de france on the television as kids.

I put you a link. (various brand catalog, logos etc...)
Maybe it is the same catalog you already put for 1983 from the german site (very interesting thread , I speak german myself)
I found it myself referenced as a 1981 catalog, but i really don't know what is the right year
https://labibleduvelocataloguesmerci...cier-198x.html
Likes For Manu431: