burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by Deal4Fuji
Facilities every 5 miles, brand new super smooth road and no traffic or pedestrians to contend with ... to bad it won't last. My wife has been sick this w/e and I was getting a scratchy throat Sat night and worse this morning so in this era of Covid, I didn't want to join the Sunday group ride. I decided to take a leisurely photo jaunt on the new 4 lane Parkway our night-time group has been riding 2 or 3 nights per week. It's very close to opening, and it will be a shame to lose such pristine cycling conditions. On this warm Sunday before a rainy cold front moves in tonight, I couldn't believe I had it all to myself. Very photo heavy with some interesting (to me anyway) looks at guardrail technology.

I didn't say nice facilities

another porta J - could have done without the rumble strips but today they were a help keeping the bike from rolling off the helmet

probably my best pics of the day

Eight bridges/overpasses makes for some nice rolling hills here in the flatlands

starting point of new construction where the existing road had ended at Hwy 58. It's very close to the NC Global Transpark where our group meets. I'm on the wrong "return to airport" side of the Parkway

Ending point at Hwy 11
For TT purposes, seriously........I need to head out there.

Last edited by burnthesheep; 12-01-20 at 10:06 AM.
Likes For burnthesheep: