View Single Post
Old 03-23-17, 02:22 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Originally Posted by motorthings
do you have a weight on the frame/fork?
curious how it compares to my stigmata...
Jenson USA says that the frame only is 1100 grams. They say the frame, fork, axles, headset and seatpost collar together weigh 1850g.

http://www.jensonusa.com/Niner-RLT-9...?cs=Silver/Red

The Stigmata is such a nice looking bike. Brake hose routing inside the fork is a really nice feature.

Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Ha, well if its the only carbon cage approved by a website, then $60 per cage is a steal since you save 0-15grams over common aluminum cages which cost $10 or less.
Get 2 cages on a bike and thats .7-.9oz weight saved over multiple Ibera cages!
Arundel Dave-O cages are available for as little as $20. A very patient man might even come across the correct color and finish at close to that price.

This build is helping me learn patience, and patience is more valuable than any bike.

King Cages are nice too.

Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
I'm using the SRAM 11-36 on a 50/34. It's nice to have the gearing when you need it, but some of the jumps between cogs feel huge. I would have preferred an 11-32 but couldn't find one locally when my wheels arrived.
Are you using it with a Shimano GS derailleur? If so then do you need a Wolftooth or did you just turn the B screw all the way?

I also ride fixed gear and sometimes just having gears at all is a treat.

-Tim-

Last edited by TimothyH; 03-23-17 at 02:38 PM.