View Single Post
Old 07-11-19, 09:54 AM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,314 Times in 707 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH
I'm hoping that we can have a conversation rather than a series of competing "I" statements or condescending as if the other person were an imbecile.

-Tim-
I also enjoy a conversation that involves more than how to be a better consumer for bicycle related products but if you ask other people what they do you have to be prepared for "I" statements. I can only tell you what I do.

The question to ask is: What will be ten times worse if left for a day or two? That guides my decision making.

If I am bone tired, detailing the car on the same day makes little impact (other than making me more tired and potentially grumpy towards my family). One shortcut is to have a dedicated sheet or tarp to lay in the vehicle so there is less mess (other than on the removable tarp).

Fenders also help to reduce post ride cleaning. In the summer I forgo them but during the rainy season they make the difference between limited mud carnage and zombie apocalypse. Of course, if the goal is to look dirty in a cool way fenders are out.

Last edited by Happy Feet; 07-11-19 at 10:04 AM.