View Single Post
Old 07-11-19, 07:03 PM
Spoonrobot 

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1217 Post(s)
Liked 187 Times in 118 Posts
I live in a third floor walk-up so it's a priority to make just one trip. Everything goes in a big backpack, wet/dirty items get bundled in my beach-size changing towel and then hung to dry before washing. Shoes go in front of a fan. That's pretty much all I have to do immediately, I bring the bike up same trip but it gets cleaned later usually.

This year I've been letting the bike dry and then wiping off the dirt/dust with a dry cloth. Chain goes into the cleaning wax, use a damp rag to wipe down chainrings and derailleur, dry brush for the cassette. I dunno, it feels pretty efficient. Certainly better than when I'd have to go to my parents house and do yard work and chase toddlers around for a couple hours after a race

ETA: You know thinking about this a little more, what I really do to be efficient is pack and clean everything that needs it before I leave the venue/parking spot. When I'm still in that post-ride high is a good time to sort out the trash, wipe off the really egregious dirt and then get everything ready so that when I get home I can just grab it and go inside. Mentally very easy I think.

Last edited by Spoonrobot; 07-12-19 at 08:32 AM.