Old 05-14-19, 06:00 AM
mcours2006

Bikes: ...a few.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2012 Post(s)
Liked 409 Times in 235 Posts
Originally Posted by acidfast7
It's just part of the Anglospehre (UK and AUS mostly) culture exemplified by a national newspaper article that I initially attached. Due to poor riding habits, the spandex-clad warriors ruin it for normal cyclists, like me, which I why I also state that fact that they're humourous/annoying (as cited in the article). This isn't my opinion or psychosis, this is an established and well-documented behaviour. Blame European culture if you must find somewhere to place your anger. BBC even uses MAMIL (middle-aged male in lycra) on a regular basis.
I don't live in Europe, and I suspect most members here on BF do not live in Europe either. In fact, most of the BF members live in North America, so when someone who doesn't live here constantly makes fun of cycling culture here, well, it just makes him sound like a self-righteous DB. Just saying

You seem very defensive about it? Are you a MAMIL and part of the problem it causes for me?
Like I said, I don't live where you live, so even if I am a cyclist who wears spandex and who wears it proudly, middle-aged or otherwise, I wouldn't be causing problems for you in the least.

Anecdotally, it's always the MAMILs causing issues compared to the regular-clad cyclists. And the MAMILs tend to ride in packs, which is even more annoying as they skirt laws (red lights, etc...)
You lost me at anecdotally.

Why don't you read the article and get back to me before stating that I have an issue. Should you choose to simply make fun of me, you're missing an issue exists already and is well-documented, that you're seemingly somewhat naïve about.
Not trying to make fun of you, but like I wrote previously, when you make the kind of comments that you do it is quite telling the kind of person you are. You, or anyone else, can make the same judgments about based on what I've written in the 5000 posts I've done over the past five years.
Likes For mcours2006: