smontanaro 

Bikes: many

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1447 Post(s)
Liked 1,396 Times in 763 Posts
1970 Atala Super Professional Frame/Fork/Headset

Edit: Proceeds go to Ukraine.

Tried selling this back in late 2018. It's still hanging in the basement, so I'm going to try again...

I'm still trimming the herd. This is my 1970 Atala Super Professional, 25-inch frame, s/n 70A1201. I'm asking $130 plus shipping to CONUS (PayPal f/f). I liked the way it rode, but got onto other things so it wound up not getting ridden. I eventually cannibalized most of its parts for my ItalVega. It's hung in the basement for a few years now. I believe it was originally produced as a fully chromed frame with green panels. (The only other Super Pro I've seen pictures of was Randy Jawa's which appeared to be cromovelato.) This frame has rust issues in the chrome which I've tried to highlight in the pictures. This all happened hanging in the garage one winter. I doubt it's structurally problematic, but I think you'd probably want to have the frame stripped and painted or rechromed.

Included with the frame is a Nuovo Record headset and (not shown in the pix) a new set of decals produced by Greg Softley (Cyclomondo). The pictures below show what it looked like as of Sep 2018. There is a big album on Flickr. The most recent pictures are at the end. Note that the seatpost and seatpost bolt shown in the last few pictures are not included.

Last edited by smontanaro; 03-18-22 at 10:55 AM. Reason: note Ukraine connection
Likes For smontanaro: