View Single Post
Old 04-02-21, 02:33 PM
randzman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by brucedelta
As a fellow late 50's big guy who is on track to be below 300 this month for the first time in 30+ years so I can tell you my thoughts based on what I have experienced.
Bruce, that was a wonderful post.

My bike knowledge is zero so I didn't understand that Cannondale is a good brand.
I couldn't find the bike you mentioned used online nor could I find any comparable ones on Craigslist so I called Cannondale and found out the Trail 7 or Trail 6 is what I want, the Trail 6 having better parts for $100 more, so I found one online, new, with only $70 shipping, and that's done! I tried a few local stores including REI but sold out until July-August.
I'm sure I'll need a gel seat but that's no a problem as I now feel I've got something solid. (And I'll have to get it put together ... so local bike shop will soon be seeing me!
Well done!

And it's absolutely magnificent that you've finally reached the 2's. I did that once before, I'll spare the reasons why suffice it to say it's the same old reasons, but now I'm on a very good and steady course with monitoring my blood sugar and keto levels. Last week I got tired walking a mile and today I just walked 9 holes of golf and I feel like I could do it again. Funny how that works. And my eating is 9.5/10. Really being diligent about keeping low blood sugar to allay cravings.

Thank you again for taking the time to detail all that. I thought I needed to get a fat tire bike but apparently not for commuter use.

When I get below 300 maybe I'll try mountainbiking too!
Likes For randzman: