View Single Post
Old 06-08-13, 01:08 PM
Shiloh253

Bikes: 2015 Motobecane Mirage S

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey everyone! I'm John, 19 years old from northwest WA state (I put the "state" bit because people think I'm a sleazy politician otherwise, haha). I've been legally blind in my right eye since birth, about 20/400 or 500. The left eye is okay, about 20/50 or 20/40 on a good day, and I've had four surgeries on the right eye: First to fix a detached retina, second to remove scar tissue from the first op, a third to take out the silicone gel they used to hold everything in place inside the eye, and the fourth was to fix a cataract that occurred as a result of the other three surgeries. Funny how that works out.

I've got permission from both my doc and the DMV to get a license, but being a college student the money isn't exactly there to get a car anyway, so I figured why bother? I've got an old Trek 3900 that I bought some time ago and just pulled off the rack for the first time a few months ago. Got a local shop to tune it up a little, get the gears set right and such. I'm mostly a commuter, but I'm starting to get into some trail riding as well.

Can't wait to get to know some of you folks!