burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by Ttoc6
Today was day 1 of 2020 training. Ramp test. 10% drop in power, 10% increase in weight (but not in BF%). Long road ahead.
Knowing where you're starting is a big part of it, then the other is already having your experience on what to do about it. You'll grab it back.

So............the new TT position is a rocketship for the watts/CdA. I ditched the roadies and left while there was still daylight on the TT bike on the same route. It's in town. Lots of rollers, some steep. Some getting stuck behind slow cars losing time.

Despite all that..........24mph avg for around 30min of the ride on only 230w avg. On just the roadie wheelset and GP4000's, no TT helmet, not wearing the Bodypaint 3.3, no disc or trispoke. Probably would have been around 25 if I didn't get held up a few times for cars. Or if it was flatter.

I think this weekend I may wait for the warm part of the day and do an out-back 10 miler with the good kit on a good road and see what it gets. Has me curious. Or try for an hour of power or 40k on a good road loop. Since those are close in time for me, could just do either. If I break 40k, keep going for an hour. If I hit an hour, keep going for 40k.

Also, the "road manners" of this setup and bars is really nice. I think about where I want the bike to go, and it goes there. No more bars going out of tilt over bumps like the old clip-on junk I had. Nice and steady.

I really need to do the regional TT next year.
Likes For burnthesheep: