View Single Post
Old 08-02-11, 08:48 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by AaronAnderson
I’m planning on a long distance multi-week tour (Louisville, KY to Colorado) I may end up staying in CO. I may spend 4 weeks trekking around seeing the mountains. That’s another story for another post I’m working on.

Money is obviously something that requires serious consideration; and the more the better. Has anyone ever put together a donation/sponsorship page to ask for help either a simple web page, or from a third party paypal or fundraising specific site? I’d like to be able to approach friends, family, etc with my vision, and ask for help. Help could be a small monetary donation, equipment, a place to stay along the way…

Has anyone done something like this? Is it generally perceived by “outsiders” that this is just some sort of a vacation and I’m asking for handouts? People I’m close to realize how much of a big deal this is, a life changer! And they’ll happily supply me with some cash, etc.
If you are approaching friends and family, no big deal. Going "public" to a wider audience looks like cyberbegging.