Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by Roody
The photos are lovely but the quantity was overwhelming. As for topic, I was going more for "What streets do you like that you ride on regularly". I was wondering what kind of streets people do their transportation cycling on, like commuting, shopping, etc.--maybe with some indication of why they choose to ride often on a certain street.

Looking back, I now realize that I should have been more specific in the OP, so in no way do I blame anybody beside myself.
Well ... what about starting a new thread with those specific criteria?

See for me, being car-free or car-light is not all about transportational cycling. That's part of it, of course, but I think a very important part of being car-free or car-light is being able to do all the recreational things we love to do without a car, or with limited car use. Being car-free or car-light should not limit us to a life within a 10 mile radius of home where we only venture out to work, school, or on specific errands. We should be able to cycle to all sorts of things ... to parks, mountains, lakes ... to outdoor concerts and plays put on during the summer ... to museums and ice cream shops in neighbouring towns ... to sporting events ... to whatever we happen to enjoy.

Originally Posted by Roody
I notice in my last picture of a Midwestern town, the trees are imported too. Why can't anybody be happy with the trees they already have?
There are many reasons why trees are imported. One reason here is that Australia was settled predominantly by people from the UK who wanted to create a feeling of home. But, of course, that's not the only reason.