View Single Post
Old 10-24-18, 02:41 PM
Stumpym4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by taz777
Hi mate, yeah you're pretty much my size (but probably much lighter in weight!!!). Check with Merlin if you can return it if it doesn't fit. 51cm fits me just fine and I have similar height/inside leg as you..

Sorry I haven't been around on my YouTube channel or on here much lately.

One observation in general is that my front foot rubs the front wheel on sharp turns when I'm riding extremely slowly. Once I get my clipless pedals fitted I think that this issue will go away. I've got flats on at the moment.

One thing to be careful about if purchasing from Merlin - check and retorque every bolt. The seat post clamp had fallen out and I thought they had missed it when packing the bike but I found it in the box. I spent a couple of evenings checking the entire bike over and checking every bolt before my first ride.

For the price that they're giving away this bike for, don't expect a professional setup! To be fair to Merlin, I've bought bikes from other UK retailers and none have been set up to my satisfaction.
Hi, cheers for the advise, had a few bikes from merlin so no worries there it will be re torqued straight out the box .... Foot overlap could be an issue, ive had it before on short top tube frames and its something you get used to after its thrown you off a few times !
Currently ride an arkose , which are great for money and quite long in the top tube which i like , i just fancy something a bit nicer etc, ive also looking at maybe building a mason Bokeh , which gets rave reviews ... decision decisions ??
yep the bikes a steal for the spec, just concerned the manufacturer isn't the best when it comes to back up , although merlin are usually very good
Oh and trust me you are probably lighter than me, im short and chubby .... where you based in the uk ?