Old 04-23-19, 05:56 PM
Nebell

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pierce
a 48V 26AH battery pack is going to be massively heavy. and so are 1000W hub motors, never mind 1500 watt. I built a ebike with a 1000W hub motor and a 48V 18AH battery, and it has a nasty habit of overheating both the motor and electronic controller if I actually use that level of power. most of the time, I find that if I'm pedaling lightly, its using no more than 200-300 watts while I'm cruising at 20-ish MPH.

That 48V 18AH battery weighs 12 lbs, which is half the weight of light weight hybrid bike, the 1000W hub motor has to weigh at least that much... I just weighed it, the whole thing weighs 63 lbs now. eeeeeeek. if anything goes wrong and you have to pedal that any distance, you're gonna really hate it.

~300 watts and light pedaling in a medium high gear carries my 225 lb carcass up a 8% grade at 10-15 MPH on this 60 lb beheamoth.

a mostly out of shape human can probably sustain 100 watts, so adding 300W to that is quadruple the power.

ok, googled your first bike
(edit, still can't post urls)

um, that hub is half the size of my 1000w, it looks like a 500W, not 1500W. that rear rack battery is the same size as my 18AH, I seriously doubt its 30AH. that second battery on the seat tube looks like a 48V 10AH. And, wow. 37 kg, that's 80 lbs. that's a effin' HEAVY bike.
Hey Pierce, thanks for the reply
The advertised 30Ah battery is probably the one in the middle as you can choose between two bikes and the largest battery (in specs) appears in the middle if you click on the second option. The back one is most likely 15Ah.
Is the middle battery really 30Ah? I don't know. I know pretty much nothing about electric vehicles.
But the seller has been online for 5 years and has rather good feedback and I'd be surprised if he/she's lying to people.

I don't mind heavy stuff. I have hauled my airboard which is about 15kg on my back for a couple of hours after its battery died. It's not something I enjoyed
Sure if something happens I'll have to walk with it (if one battery dies I have the second one).
I will also load some gear on it, mostly camera equipment. But it could add another 10kgs.
So I need something stable. I'm not a big guy (73kgs) but with a backpack and camera equipment loaded on the bike, the total load on it would be around 100kg.

I hear your warning. This is why I'm here, to hear experienced people's opinions.

I'm still hesitant to order that bike. If you're right and it's 500w and two batteries for around 25Ah, then I would be better off buying a similar bike for about half the price.
But if it really is a 1500W 45Ah bike, then cool.
If it does somewhere in the forest, well, I'll just call someone to pick me and the bike up