View Single Post
Old 05-20-19, 03:01 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4347 Post(s)
Liked 3,984 Times in 2,661 Posts
Originally Posted by NoControl
This gave me a chuckle. I have a friend who loves bicycles, loves riding, and would be down for all kinds of touring. Unfortunately, he wears his vegan status like a barbed club, and whacks you with it at every opportunity. His constant "vegan-evangelism" would probably make me kill him before we hit 100 miles.

For the OP: I go WFPB for months at a time, but on tour I'll cheat with a fresh brat on a brotchen or a cheeseburger.
So when you mention eating a cheeseburger it is just fine but when someone mentions veganism it is some form of evangelism? I don't get it? Animal exploitation can be seen and heard so often in daily conversation without a care. Imagine someone was stepping on your foot and you kept saying stop stepping on my foot and that person told you "you are being a anti foot crushing evangelist" and continued to step on your foot.