Old 05-28-19, 09:21 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10964 Post(s)
Liked 7,491 Times in 4,189 Posts
I have selected stem caps and bar tape plugs on my bikes, but they are also on my kid's bikes too. They are something like $10-15 depending, and it was cool for them to pick out what they want.
Hardly over the top bling I couldnt live without, but its certainly something that is not too common. Its an easy way to personalize a bike without much cost and without having it be gaudy like some bar tape can be.

All my bar tape plugs are sugar skulls with anodized color hex bolts. Its simply because I like sugar skulls.

The stem caps on threadless headset bikes vary.
My gravel bike and my oldest daughter's mountain bike have stem caps that are black with white lettering that reads- "Its a magical world, Hobbes ol buddy, lets go exploring".
One of my road bikes and my mountain bike have stem caps with a picture of a Sasquatch.
My oldest daughter's road bike has a red stem cap that matches the paint with a Griffin outlined.
My youngest daughter's mountain bike has a cartoon looking puppy on the cap.

Oh, and I have a custom headbadge on a bike I built in a local class.