View Single Post
Old 06-04-19, 03:50 PM
howardv

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts
I recently did substantial research on e-bike insurance. Most homeowner's policies don't cover e-bikes because they are considered "motorized" and need their own policy. While a regular bicycle is usually covered under a homeowner's policy, and e-bike is not. There are many different categories for motorized transportation, and most do not cover e-bikes. An e-bike needs it's own specific e-bike policy.

State Farm is my insurance company and cover me for home owners, car insurance, and a separate umbrella policy. My agent had never dealt with an e-bike. It took several days and many phone calls to the under writers until she finally found that State Farm does have a separate policy for just e-bikes. This policy costs me $150/year for up to $3,000 coverage on my new utility e-bike (Cero One). There is no deductible and also covers liability up to $25K. After that, my umbrella would kick in and cover the rest for liability.

Keep pushing your agent to do more research. Most don't know anything about e-bike insurance. And if your insurance company doesn't cover it, you can always buy it separately through a company like Velosurance (https://velosurance.com/).
Likes For howardv: