View Single Post
Old 06-11-19, 02:05 PM
boxcarracer

Bikes: BMW Cruiser E-Bike (Brilliant White), Fuji Absolute 1.7 2015 R.I.P(Stolen)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My First E-Bike is a BMW

The original plan (3 years ago) was to convert my Fuji bicycle to an ebikekit but that quickly died once I received the kit. The fork was to thin to hold the new hardware. I had to pay a restocking fee which wasn't too cheap and also responsible for the shipping return. After the quick headache I gave up on converting and just rode my Fuji as is until it was stolen.

Quick note, I live in Brooklyn so a car isn't the easiest option and when I do need a car there is always Car2Go or Revel Scooters. So a bicycle is the best option next to a train ride or bus.

This past Friday someone showed me the BMW Cruise E-bike and is selling it to me for $1300.00. I believe its a good deal considering its new with only the mileage I put on it test driving it. I did learn that it is not a throttle type E-Bike, you must peddle and it really pulls once you start going. At first I was kind of disappointed by this but a quick 2 mile ride which felt like 2 minutes won me over. Coming back to my destination there a very steep ramp which I flew up at 15 MPH barely peddling. The fact that I still need to peddle also sounded like a drag at first but to be honest I am glad this is the case. I will still burn some calories and look HIP while doing it.

If anyone has any tips, suggestions, or know of other owners please reply here. Also I could not post the pics of the bicycle because I do not have enough posts on this forum.