View Single Post
Old 06-22-19, 03:14 PM
rollalongnow

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Skipjacks
As a compliment to the 'what may annoy you when commuting' thread, how about what makes you happy?

I'll put the standard answers up front. Fresh air...exercise in what would have been wasted car time...

For me it just feels more free somehow. Even though I can go further and faster in the car, there is something about being in the open air with nothing holding me back but my own legs.
I’m down hill on the way in, it wakes me up for the day. Uphill all the way back and washes away a stressful day. I wish I could commute both ways everyday, but we have a kiddo so we rotate driving with drop off and pickup. Wife doesn’t ride. Maybe when the kiddo is in High School we can change that. Would be nice to bike pool. The downside is it’s 26 miles each way. It’s an hour and a half in and two hours or more back. That’s a long time for a teenager to be home alone with opportunities to get into trouble. Not trying to sound like a hover parent, but teenagers need supervision and mom and dad not home until 7 or so can’t be a good thing. She plans to ride to school. It’s about 6 miles each way, so I’m getting her or putting together a bike for her when she tops out in height in a year or so.