View Single Post
Old 06-27-19, 04:03 AM
Rodrider88

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
I'm not aware of Sweden having a different Miyata importer and models than the rest of Europe but it's possible. Most brands imported into Sweden share a importer with the other Scandanavian countries and the legislated bicycle VIN system for Denmark does not include Koga. It would be interesting to know if there is a 2nd serial number (i.e. Danish VIN), which is typically located on the lower down tube or seat tube.

Thanks for all the feedback, I’ve actually happened across another very similar 912 here (not sure of the year on this one), which looks in fantastic condition.

A japan made, triple butted and with the same colour scheme as the first one. It has the internal cable routing through the top tube, with some reinforcement bosses – which could be a give away as far as year of origin is concerned, other than that it is 600 all over. Frame number for this one is “RA16055”

EVERY Miyata I encounter here in Sweden seems to be this colour!

I looked around for these VIN numbers and nothing seems to add up. The original 912 I posted has a frame number letter prefix of OA, which, according to the Danish VIN system does not exist due to them omitting ‘O’ due to it looking like a ‘0’

Still drawing a blank, but maybe the experts out there can help me to ID this one!

(try talk me out of going for this one)

0994300]

Looks like RA16055