Old 10-23-08, 10:32 PM
Mabman

Bikes: Some

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tweaking the Bumvee

Did some mods to the bicycle utility motorassist vehicle today. Basically swapped out a cheap 26" sus fork front end for a cheap 700c rigid. The front end is much less vague with no loss of comfort. Used a NOS Girvin Flex Stem that I had in stock which I am not sure does much but it looks cool! Surprisingly I had a couple of other choices of 1 1/8" quill stems to choose from also that I had forgotten about in this age of threadless.
DSC00829.jpg

This bike is so super that I thought this old Speedwell head badge was appropriate so I stuck it on also.
DSC00831.jpg

Took a few errand runs today and one was to get a steerer tube cut and starfangled nut installed for my town bike at the bike shop cause I don't have the proper tools to do so. It was $4 well spent and got to rip around some and show off the bumvee at the bike shop. The manager took it for a short beat and came back with a big grin on his face and the wheels turning in his head....The flatbed makes it easy to transport stuff, just need a few bungies.
DSC00834.jpg

The little rack pack stays there nicely after threading the attachment straps around one of the bed boards. Makes a handy place to keep the lock and tool kit/flat stuff. This bike will carry a pretty good load without any effort on its part or the operators