Doctor Morbius
Interocitor Command

Bikes: 3 Road Bikes, 2 Hybrids

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by mrbuku
I bought a Giant Escape 1 at the beginning of the season and boy do people underestimate Hybrids. Course the Escape is a performance sport hybrid, so I can ride it pretty close mph wise than I can my Giant roadie. I pass people on road bikes on a regular basis riding on pavement and on the gravel paths it is in a league of its own. Makes me wonder why most gravel trail riders even bother with mountain bikes? I heard a lady say the other day at a LBS that she could be going slow on a hybrid and I chuckled a bit as she is probably talking about a comfort bike or more upright position hybrid. But my Giant Escape is definitely a great buying decision. Of course I am a proponent that its more about the motor than the bike. Roadies are great if your a strong rider versus a hybrid, but for the money and the components you get imo a hybrid, especially a sport hybrid is the best bang for the buck.
I completely agree. I used to be one of those anti-hybrid guys several years back. A friend of mine sold me his Giant Roam 2 for a song a while back and I've been a vocal advocate for hybrids ever since.

If my bikes were to get stolen or somehow get destroyed in a tragic blimp accident, I would get a couple of hybrids and be done with it.