Old 11-06-15, 09:28 PM
mrbuku

Bikes: Giant Defy 5, Giant Escape 1, Windsor Wellington 1.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius
I completely agree. I used to be one of those anti-hybrid guys several years back. A friend of mine sold me his Giant Roam 2 for a song a while back and I've been a vocal advocate for hybrids ever since.

If my bikes were to get stolen or somehow get destroyed in a tragic blimp accident, I would get a couple of hybrids and be done with it.
Good to know that I am not alone. People get so caught up in brands and types of bikes. I have friend who rides a higher end Scott road bike that laughed at me for buying a hybrid saying that they are for old men with loafers and tube socks. We also follow each other on Strava. My average speed on the Giant Escape, on gravel trails is 17 mph while his average speed on pavement on his bike is roughly 14-15 mph. I joked with him, perhaps you should get a Giant Escape. But I think what many people don't understand is the ability of a performance/sport hybrid. Its not your daddy's hybrid. When I am on the trail that bike can MOVE. I did go and buy a road bike, actually two. But I love my Giant Escape and don't regret for one second putting down the money to get one. Glad I am not alone.

Giant Roam is a step up from the Escape correct?