View Single Post
Old 10-14-18, 03:41 PM
joesch

Bikes: 83 Colnago Super, 87 50th Daccordi, 79 & 87 Guerciotti's, 90s DB/GT Mtn Bikes, 90s Colnago Master and Titanio, 96 Serotta Colorado TG, 95/05 Colnago C40/C50, 06 DbyLS TI, 08 Lemond Filmore FG SS, 12 Cervelo R3, 20/15 Surly Stragler & Steamroller

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked 779 Times in 497 Posts
Originally Posted by wphamilton
Count me as another, 59 yrs and 3 or 4 inches below the saddle. It's comfortable, and what I prefer for long rides. Which for me currently is 45-60 miles. . My other bike, almost even with the saddle and also comfortable for commuting and short rides. It's more about how you hold your back and hips than about age and racing, IMO.
I would think you could try to spend more time on the drops than the bars to get more flexible and comfortable in the lower aero position.
I spend most of my riding time on the bars but am trying to change that.
I also have one bike that is 5 to 6 inches below the saddle because the frame is at my smaller limit so I raised the saddle to the max spec, like 6 to 7 inches above clamp and the bars are right at the headset. Its been hard for me to ride comfortable on this bike but it is forcing me to be more flexible.