Old 02-20-15, 12:57 PM
WheresWaldo
Ride it like you stole it

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale EVO Ultegra Di2, Pedal Force Aeroblade, Rue Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Been doing a bit more design work to solve some problems I have with mounting existing cameras on bicycles. It is always nice to see things like the Fly6 and others, but they are more of a bicycle only solution. People buy action cams for all sorts of reasons, not just putting them on a bicycle. GoPro has the bulk of the market when it comes to cameras and mounting options. So much so, that there is a thriving community of Chinese resellers that make and sell knock off mounts. Some good, some not so good. I am not trying to make parts that everyone else in Asia is making, but rather tailored solutions to not so common mounting problems. Like everyone else, at times I say to myself, "if I only had ...". Well now I can have that 'only' part. If there is one other person who can benefit from my efforts, I am happy with that. That is why I have put these and other parts up on Shapeways.

Here are some of my latest designs for mounting non-GoPro cameras on GoPro mounts:

Sony AZ1 direct to GoPro side mount.

Sony AZ1 direct to Contour T-Rail mount.

Contour T-Rail direct to GoPro mount.

Here is a couple of things I did for myself that are not for sale, they are Combo Presta valve cap and core/extension tool, AZ1 lens cap, Contour T-Rail to Garmin quarter-turn mount, larger GoPro J-Hook mount insert:
Attached Images
Likes For WheresWaldo: