View Single Post
Old 07-26-18, 06:28 PM
HerrKaLeun

Bikes: Giant Toughroad SLR1 and Motobecane Sturgis NX

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 900 Post(s)
Liked 231 Times in 168 Posts
I kind of lost track which MTB you currently have or have on order... or what type of riding you intend to do. Obviously the one you already have is the most sensible choice for the task.
But for non-crazy MTB riding you can use a fatbike easily. Fatbike mainly has an advantage in that it works great on snow/sand and doesn't require complex suspension. If you go where there is no trak yet, it even is better than an MTB.
One of my riding scenarios is to go over housing developments when the excavators pile up mountains of dirt and create big holes..... the fatbike is the ideal bike for that.

Can't tell of the two you proposed which is better, you didn't list why you picked these. I'm very happy with my Sturgis NX for half the cost. The only Achilles heel of most fatbikes are the weak rear hubs (including the ones you listed). The only one really better is the Canyon Dude that uses DT Swiss hubs.

N+1 always is the response you will get on this forum. but it really depends on your riding. Just keep both for a while and see which you ride the most.