Old 12-01-18, 06:17 PM
Dunbar

Bikes: Roubaix SL4 Expert , Cervelo S2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by angerdan
Where did you get the information about reaching the cruising speed of 28mph with Bosch Performance Speed?
With just 350W the Bosch Motor reaches 28mph.
bosch-ebike.com/en/products/performance-line/
What I meant was that the 500-550W of the Bosch Systems is not enough power to cruise at 28mph most of the time. If you have a tailwind or slight decline it’s possible to hit 28mph (the bike will allow it) but basic physics tells you it’s not enough power to cruise at 28mph in typical conditions. Also, as battery voltage drops, so does the output of the motor. So if you start out at 500-550W you end up with 100-150W less power as the battery depletes.

https://electricbikereview.com/forum...o-brose.14085/

Originally Posted by 2old
Dunbar, I've ridden a couple of Juiced bikes for short intervals and thought they achieved 28 mph (sometimes test bikes may be "juiced'); surprised to hear yours didn't achieve 28 mph.
My original Cross Current peaked at 13A @ 48V. From what I read on the Juiced Bikes EBR forum most people with the original Cross Current had trouble maintaining 28mph. The bike can hit 28mph if you have the right conditions but in real world conditions you weren’t going to see that most of the time. I now have a 20A controller which is almost 1000W of power.It’s a lot easier to hit and maintain 28mph now.

Last edited by Dunbar; 12-01-18 at 06:31 PM.