Old 12-07-18, 10:25 PM
Nightdiver
On yer bike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Dunbar
How many watts do you think it takes to cruise at 28mph on a typical class 3 e-bike? On a road bike with a decent aero position it’s going to take ~450-500 watts. I’m not claiming the Bosch Performance Line won’t allow the bike to hit 28mph. It will. I’m saying that 500-550W of motor assist is not enough to cruise at 28mph in typical conditions. I’ve got about 10k miles on e-bikes so I’d like to think I speak from a reasonably informed position.
I'm not debating watts with you. I'm refuting this exact claim you made: "Yeah, the Bosch systems top out around 500-550W which is not enough to cruise at 28mph." And I'm refuting it with first hand experience riding many different models of Bosch S-Ped bikes, that were easily able to "cruise" at 28mph. How many of your 10K miles are on Bosch S-Ped bikes? And which of those models were not able to cruise at 28mph? It sounds like you're trying to make a theoretical argument around watts performance that clearly does not translate to the subject matter of Bosch S-Ped bikes in real world use.