Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
@Hermes @Carbonfiberboy

What I've got so far:

T: 1hr Gym
Th: 1hr Indoor
S: 1hr Indoor
Su: 3hr+ Outdoor

I have a smart trainer and a Zwift subscription which I've had for a good 2 years. On this I have done numerous FTp tests in the 2 years. Yes, it might be saying my numbers are a bit high I've read from reviews from people like DCRainmaker that my model over shoots power by around 5%. This doesn't affect me because even though they're a bit high I'm still working to those numbers and seeing those numbers go up. Apart from the weekend ride I can't do anything other than train indoors on the trainer or sit on my rear and I want to workout and get better.

Every single bit of research I've done so far states that along side a weekly endurance ride staying around zone 2, two midweek interval sessions are optimal for improvements. That's from Hoy, Dylan Johnson, Tom Bell, Chris Pritchard and others. I just want to know what intervals are going to be beneficial. Maybe it has to be a coach to tell me that.

I've wrote out a 12 week block following Hoy's plan for sportive training. I have my gym session. I have my endurance session. I have my threshold session. But over the 12 weeks there are 2 capacity sessions and 2 speed and power sessions. So all I need is to understand 4 sessions out of 48 and I'm away.