View Single Post
Old 02-15-20, 08:46 AM
joejack951

Bikes: 2016 Hong Fu FM-079-F, 1984 Trek 660, 2005 Iron Horse Warrior Expert, 2009 Pedal Force CX1, 2016 Islabikes Beinn 20 (son's)

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1242 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 65 Posts
CohenS Funny how things turn out, when I conceived of this headset my main focus was performance and aesthetics: lightweight, stiff, losing that ugly locknut, lowest possible stem height. As it turns out, you like many others are going the complete opposite direction with it, using it to gain height presumably without giving up much, if any, stiffness versus a shorter quill and definitely gaining stiffness over an extended quill. It's something I can consider for that future if that trend continues.

A parallel to this (and a plug for my other project) is that the fork thru axle conversion kits I created for the purpose of using higher end 12mm-only wheels on older 15mm forks has found its way onto many cross/gravel builds as a way of adapting 12mm-only dynamo hubs to forks of all sorts, including Lauf Grits. Definitely not what I had in mind but I'm enjoying making things possible for people when there was no prior option.

P.S. You'll need to link to your pictures some way other than from Google Drive. Flickr works well for me but there are plenty of other free options, too.