Old 04-03-21, 12:07 PM
uncle uncle

Bikes: too many

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked 234 Times in 140 Posts

Here are my "daily duty" watches, though I don't always remember to wear them each and every day. The one on the right is a 1977 vintage Timex, rescued from a drawer in my Way Better Half's grandma's bedroom chest-o-drawers. I've worn it for more than a decade, but it seems to be near it's end, as it basically needs wound more than once a day. The other, yellow on yellow, watch represents probably the only personal item I debated purchasing in 2020 (it actually was purchased this year)... an India made HMT, refurbed model, circa late 80's to late 90's. I currently wear this one to ride my bicycle, so I don't have to get out my phone for the time. It cost less than 10 bux, including shipping, from India. HMT watches were made from Citizen watch tooling, in India, where mechanical watches were prevalent much later, timewise, than in the states. I think each reflects the same values (some would say "hang ups") that C&V bicycles represent to me. Those values being: minimalism, simple over complex, value from it's use over it's pure possession, an attraction to orphaned or abandon technologies, squeezing every ounce of life from an object, and striving for a minimal footprint.
Likes For uncle uncle: