Old 01-28-20, 05:27 PM
smudgy

Bikes: Miyata 1000, Trek 520, Surly Troll, Surly Cross Check

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 77 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Papa Tom
Easily one of the best, most-engaging ride videos I have ever seen. But now I feel like I don't have to do the Erie Canal ride. I've already done it, from the comfort of my office chair!

OP, you haven't answered the question about the drone shots. Did you shoot those, or are they some kind of stock footage? And did shooting video take away from your enjoyment of the ride itself?
Thanks for the nice comments, but you need to go ride it anyway so you can see the video I didn't do with all the shots I didn't take. Huh? ... How about those drone shots? I only use my own shots. The music isn't mine. I try to be very discrete about flying the drone, so how about let's "icksh-nay on the one-dray" , wink wink. LOL. But seriously, some people are uncomfortable around drones and honestly in some places it might not exactly be permitted. I have a license with the FAA, but there are many restrictions. Some of my shots look like drone shots, but they are actually stills with motion added in the editing process. I've been touring since 1981 and have over 35,000 miles in, so I'm not new to touring. But I'm new at making videos about them. So, yes it takes time during the tour to shoot video. To make a better video I have to commit to taping myself talking (awkward) everyday and finding anything interesting to shoot along the way. That's probably why I ride solo, because it would get real annoying for others, quickly. I enjoy it very much. It forces me to be more aware of stuff and now I have an awesome record of my trip. Thanks again, and if you haven't already, be sure to check out my Natchez Trace video and Ohio to Erie video.