Old 07-08-20, 07:00 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Ha, yeah. I did do layers and take my time. But, I eat up enough time around the house with DIY projects to save the house money. I also eat up enough time with waxing chains. So, gluing was one thing I determined needed to go.

I fixed the power meter issue on the TT bike. Backcountry was offloading some Quarq d-four meters for $399 including cranks. If the q-factor of the crank worked for your bike that is. I got the right threaded BB. To get the Q-factor to work I had to make a couple MM shim to put inside the spline connection so that it would snug up tight but give me 2mm.

It seems the included crank shaft q-factor was that couple mm too short for my use. The 54T ring would have ground on the chainstay.

But, it works great now! The power figures are meaningful and accurate! Dual sided also FTW. First ride out the speed and power made a LOT more sense. Also, no more mismatched crank length left to right by that tiny bit. 165mm all the way.

First ride out it said my balance was 47/53 overall. Doesn't seem too bad. Could account for a good amount of the lower left-only meter readings.

I feel now if using a speed sensor with this meter I can really do some better aero-testing.

Also last night I found a flattish un-disturbed 1.8mi loop about 4mi from the house. It has one 20 second leg on an open road, but about 1.5mi of it is very controlled. Not the fastest pavement, but would be a great testing ground.

The HED 9+ front comes Friday. Then it's just figuring out what to do with the delayed extensions. Ugh.
Likes For burnthesheep: