Old 04-13-18, 02:14 PM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4246 Post(s)
Liked 1,351 Times in 937 Posts
Originally Posted by Kontact
I don't know what you think I didn't read since I addressed your points one by one. Again, you are going to have to articulate your objections and not just refer to them generally.
Again, you have to read them. They are specific.

In terms of human vision, your brain does not really care if something is "really light" or "really dark". Vision has all sorts of processes built in designed to make you pay attention to things that are important in your environment.
This is an oversimplification.

If I was concerned about visibility, I would pick certain colors because of studies about the human eye and colors. I wouldn't base my selection on studies that completely fail to delineate between a variety of human factors.
It wouldn't make sense to choose black over white "because of studies about the human eye and colors".

No military uses black for daytime camouflage because it contrasts to much with background colors. Crows are as easy to see as doves.
One reason black "contrasts too much" is because the military objects are large.

In any case, the point of choosing a color isn't likely for bright daytime conditions (where it might not matter much).

The military uses black in many other contexts but not really with the intent of making stuff "contrast too much" or "more visible".

Last edited by njkayaker; 04-13-18 at 02:17 PM.