Old 02-04-19, 12:34 PM
queerpunk
aka mattio

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 35 Posts
Carleton, I'm not sure if you're trying to deliberately misrepresent the info that's out there, or what. $25k isn't a "stipend to cover travel and equipment." It's cash, full travel support is a whole other line item, and riders get equipment. It's more than most domestic pro road contracts, and it has attracted road talent, which is what we were talking about, right?

Personally, I also think everybody deserves a living wage, but that wasn't what we were talking about and I'm not sure I can keep up with the goalposts as fast as you can move 'em. We were talking about whether or not USAC supports fast people. And the bottom line is that in the past few years, USAC has come a long way from the privateer model that defined much of its recent history in international track racing. A good way to see this would be to look at USA's world cup and world champ starts going back to, oh, i dunno, 2012 (should be long enough to see a trend) and see how the last two years compare. Let me know what you find.