Old 08-30-19, 06:05 PM
thinktubes 
weapons-grade bolognium

Bikes: Battaglin Cromor, Ciocc Designer 84, Schwinn Superior 1981

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Liked 2,380 Times in 893 Posts
Started the Labor Day weekend off early and took Friday off from work, so I could ironically spend the whole day working on the Superior. I'm riding the Harmon Hundred on Sept. 8 and there have been some nagging things to fix.

I started off with a wash + wax. I've got caught in rain a few times this year, so there was a bit of grunge.

I also too care of the rust chrome on the fork. Based on recommendations here, I tried the tin foil method. Worked great!

One of the dilemmas I was facing if I was going to do a century on this bike, is the single water bottle mount. I'm not crazy about bar mount bottles, so I was able to find an option that mounts to the seatpost. And it's aero! If I don't crack 6 hours, I can't blame the extra bottle.

Another annoyance, was the shifting. When I built this up a few years back, I used a spare housing that was too short. On top of that, I used a plastic ferrule which cracked. All this added up to sticky shifting, ghost shifts, and popping out of gear on climbs. Treated myself to a new cable and metal ferrule.

Not pictured, but I ended up replacing the bearings in both wheels and changed out the tires to a new set of Michelins. All in all, a good dayswork and It was a beautiful day to work outside.