View Single Post
Old 06-23-21, 01:50 AM
willhub

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I've tried the turning the seat it didn't work at all just had my thigh hitting the saddle unfortunately

I don't want to disconnect the power meter it might not be important what my average is but to me I find the observations like much higher power output for the same perceived effort interesting. Now I have a left hand stages power meter, so I think if I'm putting out higher power for the same perceived effort it must be due to the left leg getting to the pedal, so I'm possibly not actually working harder it's just the left power meter will be getting the effect of higher power.

The biggest improvement in stability and ability to pedal smoothly is when I've moved the cleat 6mm further forward on the left shoe but not the right. (I find this part of great significance, it's literally been 1 year and this particular adjustment whilst hasn't fixed everything has made the single biggest change to how I sit on the bike and feel more stable)

This cleat offset has somehow done it, I'm not sure if the reason this does it but shims don't work as well is because of the pelvis.

I need to be stable to ride, with the imbalance I have recently been experiencing power is the least of my worries considering I couldn't actually maintain an effort , riding steadier had the same instability.

Even off the saddle going up a hill I felt more stable, the cleats literally don't even feel offset if someone set the shoes without telling me I'd think they were almost same setup. I feel like the left leg is actually doing work now and is connected to the pedal whilst before it was more like hovering.

Now the question is what really is the issue that cleat offset is helping and if I need to do it more or just leave it as it is and any aches and pains I just suck up for now until another bike fit on July 29th

Last edited by willhub; 06-23-21 at 02:00 AM.