Thread: Finally! (?)
View Single Post
Old 10-11-18, 02:12 PM
velojym

Bikes: Konas: Jake the Snake-Fire Mountain-Zing Supreme, Dew Deluxe,Zone Ltd. (frame, needs parts), Surly Long Haul Trucker, Santana Arriva tandem, Montagues: Paratrooper-Fit, Trek 1200, Bianchi Ocelot, Fantom Cross Uno, Bridgestone 200

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 122 Posts
Finally! (?)

I have a problem with support from ...loved ones... usually getting an eye roll when I talk about improving my life/health/etc. Once this happens, my spirit deflates.
Intellectually, I know this isn't good, but somehow, my family have a huge impact on my attitudes, and it seems that anything I do for myself is just whimsy, and not to be taken seriously.

If I let this continue, I won't make it far past 50.

I started, this week, tracking my food intake, and avoiding the unhealthy stuff it's so easy to scarf down when bored or even just a little hungry.
I joined a gym, Planet Fitness. Nothing special, but it's not too far away, and it's cheap... and clean.
I'm going to hook up a stationary trainer in my office, with a work computer in front of me, standing desk over the handlebars. This will give me three working positions in my office: Standard executive chair, comfy armchair, and a pedal workstation. I know I won't be able to spend much time on the saddle at first, so it's good that I'll be fully functional for work from any of the three spots.
Looking at Healthwage. If I put a few bucks a month into it, I can walk away with well over a grand (or close to two, if I work it right). I'd thought about targeting this money toward a nice road bike, when I've gotten back to a weight in which capacity isn't so much an issue... but I don't need to spend it on that. Jake is waiting for me. Anyway, the site has been around for a few years now, and appears to be legit.

I've gone from 351, a week ago, to 344.6 this morning. I know, just starting out, this isn't that big a deal, but it's a start. I'll ride when I can, but I need to get some longer exercise sessions than I can manage on a bike right now.

Jake and me, back in '02...

Last edited by velojym; 10-11-18 at 02:27 PM.
Likes For velojym: