Old 04-02-20, 04:48 PM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 245 Times in 181 Posts
Originally Posted by rclouviere
With the conversion, how do you know what to order?
I'm not sure I totally understand your question. With the Red eTap (older version of eTap), you just had to make sure you were set up for the FD mounting on the seat tube. Other than that, I could see no reason to not get the WiFli version with the longer cage which gave a wider choice of cassettes.

My wife has AXS on her new gravel bike, that was a little different. You basically need to decide what you want in terms of drivetrain generalities and then buy components that work from there. All the parts are compatible between all the AXS compatible shifters and derailleurs for both mtb and road components. In point of fact, she has a 1X system with a 44T chainring on front and the 10-50 cassette on the back with the mtb RD. Works great and gives her an extra gear lower than her prior 50/34 with a 11-32 for when we ride in the mountains. But, other than that, it's pretty straightforward. Decide which brakes have so you get the right brifters, the chainrings you want and the cassette choice. We went with Force on her bike, she rides less than do I but other than a marginal increase in component weight, it seems to work pretty much the same as the top end stuff.

J.