Fizzaly
Stealing Spokes since 82'

Bikes: The always reliable kuwie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rather interesting ride home yesterday

So ill try to make this short, about a 1.5miles of my commute is on this straight residential street with a generally strictly enforced 25mph limit, I've lately just started riding in the lane with the cars as i can hold the speed limit and havent had any problems with motorists. Until yesterday i was about a half mile down the road holding 27mph when a car behind starting honking, so i sped up to the point where i was about to break 30, then the car decided to past me over a double yellow, the passenger in the car then yelled at me that they were not very pleased (used very different words than that) i then returned my thoughts to them. After a few words mind you they were still in oncoming lane they told me they where calling the cops, and almost as they finished saying that wouldnt you know a cop car turned onto the road with the car heading right for him, he turned his lights on and when we passed flipped around. Unsure of who he was wanting to pull over i stopped as well. The driver began tell her very inflated story of what happened to the cop, he than came over to me and asked what happened i told him exactly what had, he than told both of us that he had time to radar and that we were both speeding. I told him i had no problem with him writing me a ticket if he had to, the driver had a different attitude. So after a bit of lecture from the officer i was told to go on my way, while the driver was ticketed for speeding, failure to maintain lane, recklace driving, and improper lane change.
I thought it was a rather amusing incident, but have now decided to stay out of the lane to avoid this situation again. BTW i know what i was doing may not have been the best judgement but i have learned from my mistake.