Old 01-04-18, 09:41 PM
sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
Ex has me on a "low base diet", being one of his aforementioned "track sprinters". I had some worry about "speed endurance", not having a lot of base. Bah, humbug. That certainly has not been an issue. Ex's approach, as he described it, certainly has worked for me.

Oh, and today I had a gym workout, strength training. I do two circuits, with lots of stretching and rolling between certain groups of exercises (I think I said that before....). On the second set, I up the weights on the machines. I've been incrementally increasing those weights over the course of the off season, and today I did 205 pounds on the leg press, 60 pounds on the calf lift, and 80 pounds on the glute machine. These certainly aren't Kristina Vogel numbers, and I won't live long enough to see what she can do when she gets as old as I am - but I am doing okay, thank you very much! I thought today, after the workout, that I should set a goal for weights. I should, yes. I just have to decide what is reasonable, helpful, and won't hurt me. And when I should reach it.

I'm liking my gym workouts!