Old 02-22-19, 12:11 AM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
[QUOTE=Bandera;20806592]"Eddie B" as he was known and Dr. Ed Burke were in great part responsible for taking US cycling from an International joke in the late '70's to Olympic Gold by '84 and helped develop the "new" talent of LeMond and the 7-11 boys who took it to the top ranks of European Pro racing with great results. Thank them also for the then "new" scientific/practical oriented OTC that has done so much for rider evaluation, research, training, hardware tech and much more in the last decades.

We stand on the shoulders of giants, or at least try to sit on their wheels.

-Bandera

Did you know or train with Eddie? It would be great to get together some day for brisket, wine and a discussion about cycling and the people / coaches that made it happen. Tonight, I was at a training session with Roger Young at the indoor velodrome. Roger was on the 7 Eleven team with Heiden et al and an Olympian. He is the brother of Sheila Young, Olympian speed stalker.

I have been using Roger as a coach for the last 8 years. He runs a great training session and draws a lot of talent. We had a tun and creative workout tonight. I have learned a lot about training and racing skills from Roger. Great guy. Eddie B did a great job getting the US onto the world stage in cycling.

BTW, no cardiac drift limits on me today. My Garmin claims I set a new HR record. I had to throw in everything including the kitchen sink to stay in the game today. It is unfortuate that more cyclists do not have the opportuntiy to race and train on the 250 indoor track with Roger running the session. They would throw rocks at their smart trainers.