Old 04-16-19, 09:57 PM
one4smoke

Bikes: 2020 Specialized Roubaix Comp SC - 2016 Specialized Roubaix SL4 - 2015 Giant Roam 2 Disc

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked 338 Times in 224 Posts
Originally Posted by Slightspeed
I tried to watch last night's highlight show on NBC Sports. There was some hockey game on, which ran long, talking heads droned on, then the Paris Roubaix started. It was on my DVR, but ran out 6.9 km from the finish. I had to find another shorter highlight on YouTube, to see the finish. Hockey? Really? For a sport to be a real sport, it has to have wheels on it, like uh ... Paris Roubaix. For live races, like TDF, NASCAR or F1, I set the DVR for + 1 hour to allow for yellow flags, rain delay, etc. For a highlight show, I expect 2 hours to be two hours, not 20 minutes of hockey, talking heads, then all but 6.9 km of the race. End of rant. ��
I'm with ya on that! I wanted to watch a little of it before turning in, and had to wait until the damn hockey concluded. It finally came on, so I watched a bit, then set the DVR to get the rest. Went to finish watching it today and off it went 6.9 to go. I'll be a sunuva....

If something runs long, the TV geniuses at least need to fix it where the DVR records what it's supposed to. No, I don't know how they can do that, and I don't care. Just do it.