View Single Post
Old 06-06-19, 12:56 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2738 Post(s)
Liked 970 Times in 793 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
+1, but don't take that talk into the Big $ jersey thread in the Road forum since the "truth" is that all jerseys feel the same since they are all made of 100% polyester. Thickness and weave be damned!

Also, full zip is nice. I have ridden nearly entire hot, humid days with a jersey completely unzipped.
re jerseys. I now always bring two diff jerseys, one that is warmer, and one that is much better for really hot.
There is a real diff between thickness and weave for how air flows through them, and I know many jerseys are stupid expensive, which I never buy, but even some "normal" price ones (30-40-50bucks) can be pretty good for breathing better. These ones tend to have more "breathy" side panels slash material, and thinner overall material, and I really notice the diff.

so this is why I like to have two diff ones, I can obviously wear the warmer one for those 15-low 20c temps, can put the warmer one on top of the cooler one for layering and easy-on, easyoff options, and the cooler one for when it gets warmer.

less sweating and lower body temp helps with water intake, as does wearing those sun arm block sleeves. I have some white ones that I can take up to higher 20s, but at a certain point, I find them a bit too hot, and I have to drink a lot more.

also, sun sleeves material also varies, mine are Pearl izumi I think, and they are better than a cheaper pair I had, which made me feel hotter.

I like the full zip thing also to unzip for full air flow to cool, nice at times.

ps, i got a light, more breatheable jersey on sale for maybe 30 bucks, and it was a bit better than my previous "cooler" one, and a lighter colour than the previous one which was black, and I feel the lighter colour helps also.

I do know that some really thin jerseys can still have sunburn issues on shoulders, mine is ok, but some of them in stores look rather on the limit (and probably more fragile if abused in washing or whatever).

Last edited by djb; 06-06-19 at 12:59 PM.