View Single Post
Old 06-13-19, 06:24 PM
sodapopgirl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by EGBigelo
I agree with the other replies. You can adjust the derailleur and shifting will be fine. All bikes, regardless of cost, need this kind of maintenance.

Or spend $50 and take it to a bike shop for a simple tune up.

It’s your money, but I’d hate to see you spend $300 and have the same issues with the new bike a year from now.

Thank you for your reply. My husband, unfortunately, doesn't really know anything about his bike. He is forced to use the bike for transportation, and has been resistant to learning how to do routine maintenance and replacements. To be honest I don't even know what a derailleur is, but I'm going to go look after leaving this comment here. A guy also gave us a website to use for referencing when we do repairs or maintenance, and I'll be checking out that one as well. My husband's biggest complaint is the squeaking his shocks make, and according to him there is no way to introduce WD40 into the components since it's a sealed system. I think I may have to just start learning about how bike and it's parts and start doing some of this work myself. We went ahead and bought a bike. It was a Golden Cycle Vader Fixie for about $220. We are going to commit ourselves from this point forward in learning it's parts, maintenance, and replacements.....thanks again.