View Single Post
Old 06-16-19, 09:03 PM
Koyote

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6926 Post(s)
Liked 10,925 Times in 4,666 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH
Does anyone else totally not care about elite pro riders and what they think and what their living room looks like?

The first guy to speak is an example of a condescending elitist view of the rest of us who in his mind are too stupid to understand how the Tour de France works.

Im sure the video served some purpose but I couldn’t watch it past whomever it was telling is about moose.

-Tim-
I watched the first few minutes, including the scene you referenced. I did not pick up any mocking condescension - just a sort of acknowledgment that the scoring in a grand tour is perhaps not well understood by most people here in the US.

I do totally agree with your opinion on professional cyclists, and professional athletes in general. Most of them are not very interesting people. Which is exactly what I would expect from people who spend such large proportions of their lives in pursuits that are neither intellectual nor creative.

As for the purpose of the video: it is obviously to sell Rapha apparel. Though it does not have that effect on me. It just makes me even less interested in ever riding the Dirty Kanza.