Old 11-12-06, 11:48 AM
v1k1ng1001
Gorntastic!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by recneps345
I knew from the several days ago you would get around to a post such as this. I am surprised it took this long. I can give you one good reason. Doctors will make less money if this ends up happening. I know this is terrible and just crazy talk, but people that go thru 4 hard years of college trying to get a 3.8 to then be able to go through four hellacious years of med school and to then go to 3-8 years of residency expect to make a great living. As well they should. If they cant, many will not go through the hell it takes to become a doctor to make less than $100,000/year. These top people will go into other fields. Leaving less qualified people to become doctors. Nationalizing health care will also cause taxes to increase significantly. Especially for people that make over $100,000 a year.

Yeah, well I never understood why anyone would want to become a doctor anyway, especially nowadays. No offense.

But won't failing to nationalize healthcare just mean that as costs continue to rise, more and more ppl will not have healthcare coverage and therefore not be able to pay? Sadly, it seems as if things will eventually reach a point at which it will become in doctors' best interests to back a nationalized system that can control costs by rationing.