Old 10-11-19, 05:41 PM
bedtime

Bikes: Louis Garneau road bike converted to fixie for artistic cycling

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by caloso
Yup! That's exactly how it happened for me.
I thought it would take weeks. Also, I thought it would be extremely difficult to maintain. It's not really that much to keep up; the brain seems to do it automatically.

Originally Posted by GnipGnop
Now practice at a busy intersection with people looking at you and waiting behind you
I practice my tricks at the (generally busy) skate park with people of all ages watching, kids zooming by on scooters out of nowhere, and always having to look around to make sure I'm not in anyone's way.

As for people staring, it happens all the time. Several people at the skate park were staring at me at one time or another today. All these challenges add up to make one a better rider.

Originally Posted by Chinghis
The secret, I think, is not to think about it. I find that I have much better results if I stare at the ground a few feet ahead of me, and not at the traffic light that I'm waiting for or whatever. In any case, well done for getting it to click.
Thanks. I've tried looking at the ground, at a distant, still object, and at the moving riders at the skate park. All seemed to yield the same result for me.

Valid point about trying not to think about it; the mind will do the trick far better than I would had I consciously tried doing it.

Last edited by bedtime; 10-11-19 at 05:45 PM.