View Single Post
Old 01-05-20, 03:42 PM
greatscott

Bikes: 1984 Fuji Club, Suntour ARX; 2013 Lynskey Peloton, mostly 105 with Ultegra rear derailleur, Enve 2.0 fork; 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c, full Deore with TRP dual piston mech disk brakes

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 71 Posts
Without knowing where you live, you may have said in another post but there are far too many posts to read, but I've ridden on roads for over 40 years including while I lived in Los Angeles, and I will continue to ride on roads. Sure I have good bike path system where I live and I do use it but I always end up on roads on my rides.

You can't let fear run your life, so what if someone died riding their bike on some particular road, motorists die on roads to and I don't hear you screaming about wanting to stop driving, sure you say a car is different you have sheet metal around you, true, but you're also going a lot faster and therefore are subject to grave injuries. People die all the time due to all sorts of reasons, it's life, you can't let the fear of dying keep you from enjoying what you like to do. Now if you were tightrope walking between two skyscrapers I would say you have a point, but on a bike or walking or driving, etc, it's nonsense to get fearful about stuff that "might" happen to you. Of course that's not to say don't ride with skill and being aware at all times, but fear can actually cause you to make mistakes so you have to get past that fear and ride for enjoyment instead of worrying about everything that could go wrong.